SKIN CHECK – ARE YOU AT RISK?
- Mandurah and Halls Head only designated skin cancer clinic, using the latest technology
- All of the skin cancer doctors are members of the Skin Cancer Society of Australia.
- We offer a range of surgical & non-surgical treatments for skin cancers. There are several different types of skin cancer that behave differently and most are caused by SUN exposure.
It is never too late to protect yourself from the SUN and never too early to recognise a potential skin cancer.Every sunburn (redness) is potentially life threatening.
SKIN CANCER PREVENTION
- Avoid direct sun exposure between 10am and 3 pm.
- Wear protective clothing, hats and sunglasses.
- Apply good sunscreens with at least SPF of 30, before and regularly during sun exposure but NOT to prolong sun exposure.
SELF SKIN EXAMINATION
- Get to know you’re own and your family’s skin.
- Perform self skin examination at least every 2 Months.
- Look for any lesion that looks different to all the others or is NEW.
- Look for any lesions that change over time in SIZE, SHAPE or COLOUR
We recommend annual skin checks with a doctor who has a special interest in skin cancer medicine.The frequency of checks may vary depending on your risks and skin type.The clinic will usually send you a reminder letter. If for some reason you do not receive one please call for an appointment.
DO NOT WAIT FOR A RECALL if you have a NEW or changing lesion—please call for an urgent appointment.