Our experience could save you
- Mandurah and Halls Head’s only designated skin cancer clinic, using the latest technology
- All of the skin cancer doctors are members of the Skin Cancer Society of Australia.
- We offer a range of surgical & non-surgical treatments for skin cancers.
- There are several different types of skin cancer that behave differently and most are caused by SUN exposure.
- It is never too late to protect yourself from the SUN and never too early to recognise a potential skin cancer. Every sunburn (redness) is potentially life threatening.
SKIN CANCER PREVENTION
- Avoid direct sun exposure between 10am and 3 pm.
- Wear protective clothing, hats and sunglasses.
- Apply good sunscreens with at least SPF of 30, before and regularly during sun exposure but NOT to prolong sun exposure.
SELF SKIN EXAMINATION
- Get to know your own skin.
- Perform self-skin examination at least every 2 Months.
- Look for any lesion that looks different to all the others or is NEW.
- Look for any lesions that change over time in SIZE, SHAPE or COLOUR
We recommend annual skin checks with a doctor who has a special interest in skin cancer medicine.
The frequency of checks may vary depending on your risks and skin type.
The clinic will usually send you a reminder. If for some reason you do not receive one please call for an appointment.
DO NOT WAIT FOR A RECALL if you have a NEW or changing lesion—please call for an urgent appointment